Monday 26 July 2010

San Francisco, Day 10: The Sea Swings In

So, last day in San Fran today, headed out to Ocean Beach, which was freezing cold but some great views out to the Pacific and had lunch in a great little diner that was part Thai, part American place that played instrumental versions of Don't Cry for Me Argentina throughout my meal. I then had a walk through Golden Gate park which is really nice, but far too big to spend just one day exploring. The Pacific Ocean is an incredible thing to see close up, I kept getting lines of Anne Sexton in my head:

'The sea swings in like an iron gate'... 'the wind falls in like stones'



Everything's packed up and I'm off to Truckee tomorrow morning, a small town just outside Lake Tahoe. After just one night there it's on to Salt Lake City for a couple of nights, which should definitely be interesting. This is where the real travelling starts I guess, after the security of staying in one place for over a week.

Onwards

No comments:

Post a Comment