Monday 26 July 2010

Last Few Days

So, last few days have been great! Not been updating as much as I want but it costs too much to spend too long on the internet so that's why

so, last time I updated was Thursday. On Thursday I went up to Haight Asbury which is an amazing part of the city, lots of independent designers, vintage shops and a really nice 'peace cafe' where I had some lunch. Lots and lots of homeless people too though (as there always seems to be in this city) but, more heartbreakingly, these were all very young people. Perhaps who had moved to the city with dreams of being artists or writers? Maybe it's a way of trying to warn me away? I don't know, I still do want to live here though, it's a pretty amazing city.

So Friday I walked back up through China Town to North Beach. I'd been there on my first day but didn't take my camera, so I just retraced my steps to City Lights and to the Beat Museum to take pictures so that I actually remember things when I get home. Walked all the way out to the piers which is where I'm going to be setting off from tomorrow as I set off for Truckee and then Salt Lake City. Was a really cool day just spent wandering around and things; was really tired by the end of that so just had a relaxed day.

Saturday I did some more wandering and looking around, and then met up with my partner's friend to go for some drinks. Turned into a very good night out on Castro street, met some really nice people and it was just great to finally get a night away from the hostel and have a dance. Treated myself to a very random breakfast (it was called a Wagon Wheel and was potato, a burger patty with gravy and mince on top and then a fried egg as well- it tasted better than it sounds I promise!) and then a Chinese in the evening as well.

Last day in San Fran today so I'm thinking of heading out to Ocean Beach and exploring that area because I haven't been there yet. Early train tomorrow which is going to take me to Truckee, a town on the banks of Lake Tahoe and then to Salt Lake City for two nights.

The journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment